April 3, 2018

Birthday Blog!



Today, I turn 35. I remember 5 years ago, I said to myself that I will be at my fittest body (complete with abs) when I turn 35. Here I am, at my healthiest state of mind and heart with no abs! Who am I to complain? God blesses us with what we need and what we deserve. With all the sweets and salts, I have no heavy heart but just a stronger determination to make the lifestyle change today.

Looking back at the past 34 years, I have come to appreciate more of the experiences I got and the people I have met.

My students and co-teachers gave me one of the wacky memories of my early working years. I wish I could still spend a lot more time with them but life is full of roads that each of us have to be in. I just hope that someday, those roads would meet again so we can laugh about the craziness of their youth and my youth as well (I was young then too!).


I often can't figure out anymore which company or class did I meet most of the people I am friends with in Facebook but I hope your memory of being in my class is one that is enjoyable. Every training class pushes me to continue learning and challenges me to make learning fun and transformational. It's not just you who learned but I also grew every time I stood in front of the classes I handled.



The friends that I have gained in my 6 years in the corporate world have gone beyond companies, and distance. Some of them have become my children's godfathers and godmothers as I have become the same for their little ones. You have seen me at my highest and lowest and during some of the dark times. I appreciated so much our heart-felt conversations inside the coaching room where I always come out smiling despite the swelled eyes.



My life wouldn't have been as flexible and exciting if I hadn't stepped in to freelancing. From the once-in-a blue moon training projects, OSA has now grown 5 year strong and has built its reputation for delivering quality and transformational trainings. I am fortunate to work and continuously meet bright and exceptional individuals who contribute a lot to my knowledge and skills.


During those times when I wasn't training, I supported the HR and Training arm of LNPH. I have not just hired contractors but I treated all them with a motherly care. Though we no longer say "Good morning!" in a chatroom, those happy chat memories kept me sane and productive.


As I have been the go-to-person of students, friends, and colleagues who have relationship problems, I could not have imagined that to be an actual passion and a true-to-life job for me. It feels good to be part of a team who shares the same interests as you... self-development, meditation, positive communication and life skills! Team Modern Life has been a blessing that I am grateful for because I get to help other people get the lasting relationship that they deserve!


Last year, I discovered dancing again. It showed me a way to release positive energy to the world. When I joined Zumba, I got to meet the coolest moms and grand moms of Malabon! Thanks to them, I get to join song and dance performances during 60th birthday celebrations! Their youthfulness at heart is so contagious!



This year, I felt so blessed to meet more mommies like me who are so game at everything! Good thing, they were also game in going to the gym. It really feels motivating to hit the gym with people you know. Each morning is energized because of the laughter we share while going through challenging routines from our gym instructor.


From way back are my high school friends who have always been there for more than 2 decades of my life. These are the people who stay with you no matter what. They saw you at your thinnest and now, your curviest! (naks.. lulusot pa e)



I've also gained the Mikropono and Benny's Lounge family! Though I don't get to stay in the office as often as I wish, seeing Benny's Lounge start from the beginning and now that it continues to grow strong make me feel proud of how far we've all gone.



Lastly, my family (immediate and extended) who are always there through thick and thin. I owe who I am today to these people who moulded me to become a strong person. My family from my parent's side taught me how to be responsible. My sisters taught me openness. My cousins taught me about strong ties. My husband taught me patience and humility, and my kids taught me about unconditional love.

Life has been good to me and the least I can do is to express my gratitude to all the people I have met. You made my 35 years of existence so colorful! Thank you Lord because (though I know you are fair) I oftentimes feel that I am one of your favorites! *peace!*


No comments:

Post a Comment